Sunday, July 13, 2008

One Local Summer Week 6


I may have made my most "local" meal yet this week. It was broccoli quiche with local broccoli, garlic scapes, carrots, onions, eggs and cheese.

We also had green and wax beans fresh from our garden and cole slaw made with local cabbage.

Dessert was gooseberry pie, made with local gooseberries and local flour and topped with homemade ice cream (local cream, of course). Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures of the gooseberry pie, so instead, here is a photo of tonight's dessert: sour cherry pie, made with local sour cherries and flour.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It all looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good meal to me. Looks like you got great greenbean production. Pests have taken our out most years.
I'll try again this year.
vesser