Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Minding our own beeswax...

Actually, the beeswax was from Prairieland Herbs in Woodward, Iowa. We bought the candle molds and pre-waxed cotton wicks from a local craft store, and the know-how came from Michael.


The melting wax smelled like warm honey.



The finished candles smell like honey, too. I'm a little worried that this character might eat them:

We can't wait to use our new, homemade candles! Maybe someday, the beeswax will come from our own bees. Someday...

3 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Love the posts today! :)

Hope you're feeling better!

Karen said...

Thanks, Heather, much better! I just have to listen to my body and recognize when I have to cut back. It can be difficult to reconcile myself with these limitations, but I have to, to stay mentally and physically healthy.

Anonymous said...

Love the candles. My problem is I just don't use candles very often and they end up in bad shape yet never used. Too bad the power doesn't go out more often.
aratairs