Friday, July 25, 2008

Living Each Day to its Fullest

Randy Pausch, author of the book The Last Lecture has died. He lost his battle against pancreatic cancer, leaving behind his wife and three young children.
I read The Last Lecture just a few weeks ago, and found it inspiring and thought-provoking. In the book, Pausch discusses the importance of living one's life to the fullest and helping others realize their dreams.
It's so easy on a daily basis to get bogged down in life's little worries: the messy house, the dirty dishes, the husband who travels too much, the bills, etc. If you are a worrier, like I am, losing sight of the forest for the trees is all too common.
I could spend my days worrying about the bills, about what I don't accomplish, daily, weekly, monthly.
But I am choosing to focus instead on all the good in my life: my four healthy, wonderful kids; good friends; a husband who loves me ridiculously much; the happiness to be found in each and every day.
Thank you, Randy Pausch, for helping me and thousands of others, to remember what is important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with living life to its fullest. I've always thought of it as you only live once. This has led to me blowing off tests to go driving through the country in the fall. Lucky for me I did pay for not study. The relaxation I think helped me do better.
The messy house thing though I think cost me time in my life. I can't find things I need. I waste so much time searching for things and moving piles.
Oh, think I'll try to dump some stuff and get organized before January.
meningst