Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines


I don't know why so many people seem to "hate" Valentine's Day.
I find it delightful to have a day dedicated to expressing one's love to those near and dear to us.

And of course, just because there is a specific day dedicated to expressing love doesn't mean that love can't be expressed every day.

Michael left on Valentine's Day for two weeks in Chile. It will be warm, but he'll be spending grueling days in corn fields. Definitely not a pleasure trip. On a last minute trip to the grocery store for dog bones and ibuprofen he also bought these lovely tulips for me.
He brought them to me while singing "Besame" a la Andrea Bocelli. Sweet.
The girls woke up to big heart shaped boxes of chocolates from Walgreens. I used a prescription transfer coupon that netted me a $25 gift card. The chocolates were free and the love is genuine.
I also made a batch of double chocolate brownies for them.


Zachary and Stephen got Valentine's wishes via email.
It was a sweet and lovely day...

5 comments:

Claire MW said...

Lovely tulips!

Interesting about Michael's trip...I suspect either he works for the same company I do, or he works for one of our competitors. We've got all kinds of folks down in Chile right now. :-)

Karen said...

I've been thinking the same thing, Claire... I imagine you likely are with the same company.

Claire MW said...

Does it start with a P?

Karen said...

Yup.

Claire MW said...

Too funny! I wonder if I know him. I probably know his name. I'm in the patent department.