Monday, August 11, 2008

One Local Summer Week 10


I love this time of year, when everything in the garden is producing and life feels full and overabundant.

This week's local meal was a simple one, allowing us to eat in front of the tube for the Olympics. We had BLTs, with all ingredients, including the buns, local.

The carrots and broccoli all were from our own garden. If you've never had fresh-from-the-garden broccoli, you must give it a try. It's tender and kind of spicy - delicious!

If you haven't figure this out yet, I always save room for dessert! This week is was a mixed berry pie - blueberries, raspberries and blackberries - from our fruit CSA.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering. I want homegrown tomatoes and blueberry pie. I can pull off the blueberr pie, but not the tomatoes this time of year..Dec.
I'm going to go get out my seed catalog.
maliale