Saturday, August 9, 2008

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes


I actually escaped the confines of my kitchen today to go see a goofy, but oh-so-fun movie with one of my best friends. Mama Mia was a hoot, though poor Pierce Brosnan looked as if he were severely constipated throughout the whole movie, especially when he had to sing.

Makes me want to listen to ABBA.



But that will have to wait until tomorrow, because look what faced me when I walked in the door.



Okay, it wasn't really this, but something so much more... terrifying.
This...

and this...
and this!


So tomorrow, I'll be starring in my own little musical horror show.

The setting: My kitchen.
The musical score: ABBA, of course
The characters: Just the tomatoes and me
The plot: A horde of tomatoes attempts to defeat woman in a saucing duel. Can a lone woman, armed with only a serrated knife, a saucepan and some garlic, reduce the swarm to Ziploc bags of sauce? Or will the poor woman succumb to their runaway propagation and dissolve into a mass of tears and tomato guts?


I just hope I look this cute when it's all over.

3 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

That was a classic post! I loved it! You are so clever.

I love Pierce Bronson and Meryl Streep. I want to see that movie when it comes out on DVD. I like to sing ABBA songs for the heck of it. Like Mama Mia or Dancing Queen or Honey, Honey. My best friend and I used to listen/dance to ABBA--back in the day. It was her mom and dad's audio tape.

Karen said...

ABBA certainly takes me back, too, Heather, though for me it was in "real time!"

Poor Pierce, he really did looked pained throughout the whole movie, but it was a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Don't you wish you had a window full of tomatoes right now at the end of December??
ograli