Saturday, June 13, 2009

One Local Summer - Week 2


Oh, how I love spring! This salad was entirely composed of locally grown veggies, some from our garden (broccoli, lettuce, radish, strawberries and onion), and some from the farmer's market (greenhouse-grown tomatoes, pea pods).
But the real star of the meal was the pizza my dh made. We always make our own whole grain crusts and this week's the topping was mostly local as well. Michael sauteed mustard greens with a little garlic, salt and pepper, spread them on the sauce, then topped the pizza with local goat cheese. It really was fabulous, and I still feel healthy just thinking about it!




Dessert featured more of these beauties from our own patch:


This time I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie.
Unfortunately, I neglected to take a photo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love heaping all the fresh greens and veg on a plate and diving into the bounty of spring. Mmmmm on the pizza. Makes me want to make some myself. I bet garlic scapes would be just right.