Friday, November 14, 2008

Night birds


Last Christmas Stephen gave Michael and me Adobe Photoshop.
Being the procrastinators that we are, neither of us has taken the time to learn how to use the program.
But the other night, Melissa took pictures of this huge flock of crows roosting in the trees in our yard. Unfortunately, the photos seemed unusable; there just hadn't been enough light.
Well, thanks to some fortuitous clicking last night, I messed with one of the photos using the Adobe program.
A totally unusable photo became this cool, artsy and somewhat creepy-looking bird shot.
I think I need to play with Adobe a little more...

5 comments:

Jen (emsun.org) said...

Hey! You mentioned that you live in Iowa on someone else's blog - which side? I live on the east side. :D

Karen said...

I'm near downtown in the Cheatom Park area - kind of between the Drake Neighborhood and River Bend.

juliecache said...

I love PhotoShop. It rocks. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

We one night went somewhere it was a windy custy night and when we returned we had abird roosting on our front pourch my guess the wind blew him out of a tree and he saw our front pourch light and flew to it

Anonymous said...

Love the photo. You could give me a copy for xmas and then you'd be done with me!! Saw some cool crows up close on a trash can at hardee's. Not a nature environment, but I loved seeing them up close. They seem to be very intelligent.
mizerier