Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude


We are so thankful.
This is our Thankful Turkey.
He has appeared at our house each and every November 1st since 1991.
The turkey starts without feathers. Every day each of us adds a feather (or two or ten) that states something for which we're thankful.

Our thanks run from the mundane "Mom's cooking," to the practical "the fireplace," to the somewhat absurd "nasal spray." We are thankful for friends and family, coffee, that my mom is recovering well from her surgery, for our pets, and on and on.

When the kids were little, the ever-expanding feathery-ness of the turkey helped to underscore how many, many things we have to be thankful for in our daily lives.


And it didn't hurt for the adults to be reminded of this, either...

3 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

Gee aren't you clever! That is really neat. I think I remember you mentioning this before. I love the photo. I am grateful for you!

Karen said...

And I, for you, too, Heather!
Am so glad you're healing and feeling better. Remember to take it easy, though...

Anonymous said...

I love the idea...not sure I could pull it off.
inesibi