Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween sans Tricks

Medusa and I spent last week in Arkansas helping my mom in her first week home from the hospital. She is doing amazingly well, after spending 24 days hospitalized. I was pleasantly surprised by how physically strong she is after such an ordeal. We were able to see her gain strength on a daily basis.

Melissa decided not to trick-or-treat, but went ahead and dressed in her Medusa constume for a few hours. I think she looked quite creepy.


She and I also tried our hand at pumpkin painting and constuming. It was easy and lots of fun.


Melissa created the witch.



And I created the mummy.
While she missed our usual Halloween celebration with friends, I know Melissa feels the same way I do.
Neither one of us would have missed that week my my mom for all the candy in the world.

4 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

how scary!!! awesome make up!!! where did u get it?

Karen said...

It was just regular Halloween face makeup from KMart - I applied it and kind of mixed black, white and green on her face and neck. We made the Medusa hair - just hot glued rubber snakes onto a wig.
We love Halloween, so it was hard to be gone, but I'm so glad I was able to be there for my mom.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

That looks so awesome!! Thanks for the tips!! I may have to try Medusa sometime. I bought a witch hat I dont like wearing. LOL

Glad your mom is better!!

Anonymous said...

Love the costume. You could do them for a living.
Also, candy is cheap and easy to come by. I know I was overflowing here. I sent it out of the house to be added to other peoples waste line.
tapsynt