Thursday, September 4, 2008

Creative Writing

Melissa typically has a creation factory in her bedroom. She spends a lot of time listening to books on tape while she alters books, crochets, or writes. Here are some Haikus she recently shared with me.


Evening breezes swirl
Rustling through autumn leaves
Somewhere an owl cries

Storms of night depart
Bright blades of sun slash the sky
Soon it will be dawn

Stars gleaming through night
Nestled in velvet blackness
Shining like bright jewels

Did I mention she is 11?

2 comments:

Heather's Moving Castle said...

I used to love to write poetry when I was a kid and teen. Her writing is much better than mine. I have a three ring binder with most of my writing back then. Most of it is humorous stuff.

Thanks for sharing her talents and yours too!

How are those chics?

Anonymous said...

I love that...It's great...might want to used it, but will ask first. It reminds me of poetry I would write if I could write poetry or write at all!!
minst