Friday, May 16, 2008

Lilac Loveliness

Lilacs are in full bloom now in central Iowa. These were a mother's day gift from Michael. I also got to order two lilac bushes to plant in our front yard.


Sarah and Melissa at a Lilac Arboretum nearby. There was large home school gathering there yesterday, but Melissa and I decided to visit an equally socially-reclusive friend instead of braving the crowd, and Sarah, of course, was in school.


So how did we get these pictures, you ask?
Well, I often worry that my social issues will unduly influence Melissa and cause her to miss out on activities that she might otherwise enjoy. Although, she hates large groups and park outings, and has since she was little. So, it really isn't my fault.


No, it isn't my fault. Really.

But, just in case, we went the evening before and had a lovely time amongst the gorgeous lilacs.
Now, I don't have to feel guilty.
Or maybe, only a little bit.

2 comments:

zamozo said...

Lovely photos! I manged to go to the lilac park at the same time the big gathering was happening but still only talked to two other homeschooling adults. That's my kind of anti-social socializing!

Anonymous said...

I can almost smell those lilac. I love them. I think the flooding this year took out all my lilacs that had finally gotten large enough to bloom. I need to get more and put them in a drier spot.
whilobi