Saturday, December 31, 2011

Our Handmade Holidays, Part 1


This Christmas was brimming over with handmade giving.  
My youngest daughter, Melissa, crocheted this huge, gorgeous afghan for me.  What a wonderful surprise!

Heavy and warm, I'm wrapped in its coziness right now as I write this.

My older daughter, Sarah, hand crafted several of these fabric covered books for her brothers and sister.


Each is filled with colorful art papers.


I think they would make great altered art journals. I have placed an order for myself!


Speaking of altered books, Melissa created these funky books using old games boards for covers.


The pages are include various sized art papers, old receipts, old book pages, and all kinds of unusual items.


I have to show these two throws again - I'm completely in love with them!

I gave this one to Melissa.


And this one to Sarah.


I'll try to get the other homemade goodies photographed tomorrow for part 2.

No comments: