Saturday, December 24, 2011

Wreaths


I am the embodiment of the laws of physics.
Despite the fact that I actually dropped high school physics, a few of the rudimentary ideas still rattle around in my brain.  
For example, take inertia.
I seem to remember that an object at rest will stay at rest unless acted upon by another force.
I am inertia.
My daughters are definitely the outside force acting upon me.
My tendency is to want to sit, or sit and wait, or simply wait.  I don't take risks, try new things, or step out of my comfort zone without a strong and motivated nudge.


My girls have always been fearless when it comes to crafting; something I admire greatly.  Because of them and their gentle, yet insistent, nudging, I've gotten to make some pretty cool things.
Take, for example, these gorgeous wreaths.


Melissa saw the idea in a magazine and, with some persistence, we took off in search of supplies.  We had vintage lace and home spun yarn, but needed wool to wrap around the wreath forms.  We tried several resale/thrift shops, but couldn't really find what we were looking for.



A quick trip to the fabric store and we found exactly what we wanted.  


The wreaths were amazingly easy to make and provided a fun and creative afternoon.
Each time we finish a project, I vow to be less inertial the next time around, yet always seem to need that push to get going.
I'm so glad my girls are here to urge me along.

No comments: