Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bread and Jam


There are many days when I feel as though I just haven't accomplished much.  There's always animal care, of course, and a certain amount of people care that goes into each and every day.  Nonetheless, sometimes it seems as if all I've done is read a few chapters in a book, run some laundry through, or crochet a little.


But there's one thing that always makes me feel successful: bread.  If I end the day with a loaf or two of homemade, whole grain bread, then no matter how long the naps, how messy the house, or how many episodes of Medium or Desperate Housewives I've watched with my daughters, I feel successful.
Maybe this is what the saying "Bread is the staff of life" truly means.  
Not only does bread nourish the body, but the soul as well.

No comments: