Thursday, April 5, 2012

Outside In

We have a profusion of tulips and daffodils and other flowering bulbs in our yard, but it never seems quite enough.
Every fall we plant more bulbs, and every spring we realize we need another 100 or so for the next year.
It's especially hard for me to pick a bouquet. I'm not exactly sure why that is, but it's almost impossible for me to go out in the yard and remove the beauties.
I'm always concerned that I'll pick too many and there won't be enough left in the yard. Silly, I know.
Fortunately my daughters don't have that problem. They keep me well-supplied with gorgeous bouquets throughout the spring and summer.
I wonder how many thousands of flowers I would have to plant to eliminate my worry of cutting too many so I could gather my own bouquets?
I still have a couple of years before I have to find out.

2 comments:

LindaM said...

I just have to complement you on the gorgeous photos here and in general on your blog.

Karen said...

Thank you so much!
I'd like to take all the credit, but my daughters take a lot of the photos. I'll pass on your compliments.