Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Please excuse me...

I've been a little busy lately.

Meet Ivy Rose, 12 weeks old tomorrow.
Ivy is a rough coated St. Bernard from Peoria, Illinois.
She is sweet as sweet can be and quite calm for a puppy.
We're in the midst of house-training, and have had only 3 accidents since we brought her home Saturday night.

Ivy has already attended her first session of puppy preschool and is learning "sit," "lie down," and "come."
Michael and I have decided it's a good thing we had our last baby 11 years ago, when we were young and much more resilient (apparently). We both are a little slack-jawed and weary, unaccustomed as we are to the demands of a 3-month-old.

And so today, while you're nestled snug in your houses with your hot cocoa and fleece blankets, think of me: sitting on the cold floor with a drooling beast on my lap or frantically pulling on my boots for the umpteenth time as I hurry outside for an emergency potty stop.

I promise not to hold your good judgment and common sense against you, but you'll have to forgive me the drool (mine and the dog's) and extra dog hair...

3 comments:

zamozo said...

Aw, what a cutie patootie! I can't wait to meet her IRL!

Heather's Moving Castle said...

She is very sweet! Her fur looks so soft. I tell ya I am afraid of only a few types of dogs and that is one them (when they are full grown). Any smart person would not enter your house or yard w/o permission w/ that monster around. Ever seen Cujo? LOL. That did it for me.

Hope you build your stamina up and lower your standards for awhile. You'll be busy with your baby for awhile. Just remember how important that bonding time is. They grow up so fast....LOL. Our puppy is almost out of the puppy mess stage. I am loving it! And she doesn't have accidents anymore unless we ignore her ques or whines to go out. Or b/c we left her inside while we go somewhere for over an hour or two.

Smiles!

Anonymous said...

She is such a cute girl. But looks won't get you everything, you still need to be house trained.