Monday, December 1, 2008

Frowsy

In our efforts to cut costs, we've been working on actually using items we've purchased.
I know that sounds strange, but we tend to accumulate products we fully intend to use, then fail to assemble, install or otherwise put them into use.

Recently, I've been searching out these products and either returning them to the store of purchase or actually using them. Last week I asked Michael (for the umpteenth time) to either put together a laundry organizer for the basement we bought nearly a year ago or return it (probably for merchandise credit).
He finally put it together and told me to go take a look in the morning.

This is what I found:


Yep, you're seeing exactly what greeted me first thing that day.
A lovely laundry organizer.
And a mountain of laundry lying next to it on the floor.


I failed to take into consideration my family's tendency toward entropy.
That, and how hard it is to form new habits.

Despite owning more than 8 laundry baskets of various shapes and sizes, the dirty clothes have always been dumped in a heap in front of the washing machine.
And you know what? I'm finding that it's a real pain to pull the dirty laundry out of that organizer.

And. apparently, so is everyone else.

5 comments:

zamozo said...

Yep! I had a fancy schmancy laundry organizer once too. The bins were too deep to reach the clothes at the bottom, the frame was rickety and prone to coming apart and, I sort my clothes into more than three categories but there were only three bins. Finally, I'm the only one who cares to keep the dirty laundry sorted so unless I make everyone else stay away and I do all the laundry, it gets all mixed up. So much for organization. It's only as good as it's participants.

Mama Podkayne said...

I, in fact, have 6 categories. I have only the three bins as well.

But, say what you must, they are perfect for containing a standing baby while the loads get cycled. Those precious minutes mean so much in productivity and she thinks it is hilarious! Win-win.

Once we move I am getting a second set to complete my need.

Heather's Moving Castle said...

You all are funny!! I used to have a laundry organizer. It was rickety. I don't sort, but then again we all wear blue jeans and t-shirts. We don't own white towels or own a lot of whites. For that I am thankful. Laundry is not my favorite.

Karen said...

Mama P, would you like my set? It honestly is just sitting in the basement - empty - for more than a week now. I don't think we're going to start using it and I'd much rather someone be able to use it than to keep tripping over it!

Would love to see a picture of Blueberry standing in the bin!!!

Anonymous said...

I like to just make a big pile infront of the washer. I can then just mix and match what I put in. The dog towels can go with any load I just move stuff around depending on what I need to wash and so I always have a full load. Getting my husband to not mix dirt and clean clothes is my problem.