Tuesday, January 20, 2015

#100HAPPYDAYS - Day 2

I was just thinking about how much I love clementines.
Then I realized I don't have any memories of eating them when I was a child.
Hmm. That seems weird.
Well, apparently not.
According wikipedia, the market for clementines didn't evolve in the U.S. until 1997 when the Florida orange crop was devastated by bad weather.
Huh. You learn something new every day.

I've been on a clementine kick of sorts, eating 4, 5, or even 6 of them each day for the past week. While I love oranges, they are so much more trouble - more difficult to peel, to section, etc.
Plus until I get another cortisone injection in my bum thumb, holding the orange tightly enough in my left hand really hurts the joint.
Today I peeled a 4 clementines for a snack, stacking them in a little bowl.
They looked so pretty and seeing them sitting there in all their sweet, juicy goodness made me happy.

No comments: