Saturday, January 31, 2015

#100HAPPYDAYS - Day 12 - Pancakes

Pumpkin pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup
Last night while talking about what we both had on tap for today, I casually mentioned to my wonderful husband that it would be nice to have pumpkin pancakes for breakfast.
He had a busy day planned, including a 30-minute drive to help and learn at a small local brewery.
Imagine my delight when I awakened to smell not only freshly brewed coffee - my salvation! - but the enticing aroma of pumpkin pancakes.
Oh, and these pancakes are so delectable.
They are whole grain pancakes with a hefty dose of our own homegrown and processed butternut squash. Over the years I have found butternut squash to be much more flavorful than small pie pumpkins and use butternut in all recipes calling for pumpkin.
But then there's the homemade blueberry syrup!
I canned it last summer from blueberries we had frozen the year before, and it is so darn good! Just perfect on these pancakes.
My husband had to dash out the door for his brew-ha-ha before I was awake enough to converse, let alone eat. After my usual 2-3 cups of java, however, I thoroughly enjoyed the pancakes he so lovingly prepared - and even left in a warm oven.
Thank you, honey.
My day surely started out on a happy note!

No comments: