Friday, March 2, 2012

Confusion


My cactus is confused.
I bought it several years ago as a Christmas cactus but this year it just can't make up it's mind.
So far it has bloomed at Thanksgiving and Christmas, in mid-January and for Valentine's day.
Now, it's heralding spring.

It seems to be mimicking Mother Nature's confusion.  Little snow, record warmth, crocus blooming in February.

This week alone we've had rain, temps in the 50s, and right now big, beautiful snowflakes are drifting past my window.

Yesterday it got uncomfortably warm in the house just from the fireplace.  Today, I've already run the heat, the fire is blazing, and I'm cold even with a heavy afghan and two cats on my lap.

I'm not complaining, mind you.
I hate snow and ice and cold.

And as far as I'm concerned, my cactus can keep right on blooming.

No comments: