Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lap Dog


I have a lap dog.
The only problem is she weighs about 115 pounds!
Just try telling Ivy she isn't a lap dog.
These days, every time I'm downstairs she jumps on the couch next to me to snuggle and almost always ends up on top of me.
I don't really mind, though Michael gets a little miffed when I tell him there isn't enough room on the couch for the three of us, so would he please move?


She's actually a little St. Bernard, since she'll likely finish up no more than 120 lbs. Her mama was 160 lbs. and her daddy weighed 140 lbs.
I can't imagine.
We'd like to write a series of children's books about "Ivy, the Littlest St. Bernard."
Wally has gotten used to her and will even "snuggle" at times.


This is her spot on the couch.


She likes to be kissed on her "po' dots."



Sometimes it's hard to get your angle just right.
We've had Ivy now for just over year.
And what a year it's been!
But we can't imagine our lives without her.

No comments: