Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Colors?



This is what happens when you let the guys mix up the frosting for Christmas cookies.
I don't know about you, but gray and purple just scream "Christmas" to me.


Decorating Christmas cookies is a family tradition. This year, we decorated early so everyone could participate before heading back to college after Thanksgiving.
And so that the cookies were made and decorated before Christmas this year.
Ah hem.


We have such a good time together as a family.



Oh, wouldn't that cup of coffee be good right now with a sugar cookie????


See that stack of unfrosted cookies? I made a double batch this year, so we had several stacks like that.



I used to have to encourage the kids not to "gloop up" the cookies with too many candies, chocolate chips, and other decorations.


You can tell everyone is older now, since our favorites have just frosting and colored sugar. I'm not sure making the cookies that early is a good thing, though. Zach took a couple dozen back to school with him, but the rest of us managed to demolish the whole shabang in about a week.
Yep, that's right.
I think that works out to 3 or 4 dozen apiece.
No wonder my pants are a little snug...
You'd think I'd learn from my experiences... but I have another batch of dough chilling in the fridge right now.
Zachary felt cheated.
What else was a mom to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post just made me smile. Decorating cookies is a bonding (and yummy!) tradition :-) And lots of stacks of cookies.... mmmm.