Thursday, January 14, 2010

Kitten in a Cupboard


When we moved into our house 3 1/2 years ago, we couldn't afford to buy built in cupboards for the remodeled kitchen. I had always wanted an unfitted kitchen, so we found free-standing furniture pieces and made an old-fashioned kitchen.
Well, fast forward three years and the novelty of the free-standing kitchen had worn off. While I loved the look of the furniture pieces, it was time to create a more functional kitchen.
I was able to keep some of my old furniture pieces, so the kitchen still has a somewhat unfitted look to it, but I love having so much counter space!
Unfortunately, so do the cats.
They've discovered the joy of counter tops and now can climb to the top of the fridge, the tops of the cupboards, and, as you see here, into my antique shelves.
Oh well, what's a little more fur?

No comments: