Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What's that perfume you're wearing?????

I finally made the switch yesterday morning to using a locally produced shampoo bar. It's from Prairieland Herbs in Woodward, IA. I've had the soap since February, but was intimidated by the caution "you may experience funky hair for the first few weeks of use."

I've been using the body bars for several months now and really like it, but using the shampoo bar was, well scary!

So, because of the funky hair-scare, I bought the lovely-sounding "Red Rose and Lemon Balm" Herbal Hair Rinse, guaranteed to combat any wacky side effects the transition from petroleum/chemical-based hair care to a more natural, earth friendly approach.

True to its word, the rinse definitely kept my hair close to its normal level of funkiness. However, I neglected to read the fine print on the hair rinse bottle. "An herbally infused organic apple cider vinegar rinse..."

Worked like a charm, smelled like a salad.

No comments: