Wednesday, November 25, 2009


Whew.
Some of us have been working hard.
It's amazing how quickly the house can get put together when everybody is home! Laundry's folded and put away, vacuuming is done, dusting and general straightening up mostly done (it's just awaiting my input for final placement of stuff).
With everybody else pitching in, I was free to do a flurry of holiday cooking - all pie crusts are made and waiting in the fridge for tomorrow's French apple and pumpkin pies, a Southern Chess pie is ready for tonight, raspberry topping stands ready for the cheesecake, and two loaves of pumpkin bread just came out of the oven. My cinnamon roll dough is rising... should have the rolls made and ready to bake in another hour and a half or so.
Mostly I've been reveling in atmosphere of a full house.
Yes, indeed, I do have much to be thankful for.

No comments: