Monday, September 28, 2009

Neglected

Sometimes there are things you mean to do; I mean, really and truly intend to follow through on, but somehow you just don't quite meet your goals.
No, I'm not talking about keeping my exponentially-increasing gray hair under control, though I certainly need to decide what to do about it once and for all.. You see, maintaining the high-lights and low-lights in my hair requires professional dyeing every 5 weeks or so. Add to that a trim and eye brow mowing wax, and we're talking second mortgage here.
Or I guess, in my case, third mortgage.
Is there even such a thing?
But I digress.
No, I'm referring to my poor, lonely, post-less blog.
It seems that once I got derailed I just couldn't quite climb back up on that horse.
How's that for a mixed metaphor?
I enjoy writing my blog, even though I don't exactly have a "readership." Just a couple of friends and an occasional relative. So I guess I'm not doing it for an audience.
I think I enjoy expressing myself in writing, relating the rather mundane happenings of a middle aged wife, mother and zoo keeper.
So, basically I do it for myself.
I think it's therapeutic.
I also, however, do it for my kids, especially my youngest, who is my biggest blog fan.
Melissa reminds me almost daily that I haven't posted. She will often go back and reread my blog from beginning to end.
She thinks I'm funny.
And that is about the greatest compliment a mom could receive from her preteen daughter.

1 comment:

zamozo said...

Okay, I'm ready. You've convinced me to try the whole couponing thing. Will you please email me your best sites? Thank you!!